Health Protection Agency (HPA) on Wednesday, 02 September, had revealed over 540 children below the age of 10 contracted Covid-19 disease so far.
According to the agency, a total of 546 children below the age of 10 have contracted the disease, while there have been significant recoveries in the age group, HPA confirms a total of 247 of these children were still active cases.
As per the agency, the figures of positive cases reported for different ages under the below-10 age group are as follows;
- Children aged 01 year: 58 positive cases (25 active cases)
- Children aged 02 years: 62 positive cases (30 active cases)
- Children aged 03 years: 50 positive cases (23 active cases)
- Children aged 04 years: 51 positive cases (24 active cases)
- Children aged 05 years: 44 positive cases (21 active cases)
- Children aged 06 years: 56 positive cases (27 active cases)
- Children aged 07 years: 50 positive cases (23 active cases)
- Children aged 08 years: 72 positive cases (32 active cases)
- Children aged 09 years: 47 positive cases (15 active cases)
- Children aged 10 years: 27 positive cases - all are active cases
Moreover, HPA reports a total of 29 infant below the age of 01 year have tested positive so far out of which 16 infants are active cases.
On Tuesday, health authorities reported a total of 137 positive cases of which 97 were Maldivians while total number of positive cases reported in Maldives have surged to 7,804. Meanwhile, active cases remain at 2,615 while out of this total 172 remain hospitalized.
Furthermore, a total of 1,451 individuals remain in various isolation facilities while total recoveries as of Tuesday have reached 5,155.
Maldives reports a total of 29 deaths related to Covid-19, which is still listed among one of the lowest mortality rates in the region.