Health Protection Agency HPA has requested the public to email it the details of the individuals who test positive for COVID-19 and their contacts amid a dramatic rise in cases across the country.
In an announcement today HPA said that because of the spike in positive cases, it was difficult to carry out the usual contact tracing process.
HPA said in order to compile the information about those who test positive for COVID and their direct contact as soon as possible, it asks COVID patients to email their details to the agency as soon as possible.
- Use the 'COVID Safe' portal to view the COVID test result as there might be a delay in letting patients know their test results.
- Once the patient finds out that he/she has tested positive for COVID, email (Name, ID Card No/ Passport No, Phone Number, current address/ details of any permanent illnesses of those who test positive), as well as the information of direct contacts (Name, ID Card No/ Passport No, Phone Number, current address/ details of any permanent illnesses and when they last met with the positive patient).
- For those who are unable to send the details on their own (children and elderly individuals as well those who cannot email such details), their guardians must email the said details to HPA
- To seek help from a healthcare professional if the patient is exhibiting any symptoms of the illness
- To call 1676 if individuals wish to report any information regarding their status
The country is experiencing a huge spike in cases in the last few days especially in the Greater Male' Area.
This has prompted the authorities to ramp up the COVID control measures currently in place in the capital.